Modifications Of Custody And Support

Children mature, careers develop and lives change, so must the structured agreements of your divorce. Attorney Marla Zide assists families in Glen Burnie and Anne Arundel County with their modifications of child custody and support agreements in the years after a divorce. With objective insights that look at the immediate and long-term needs of all involved, Ms. Zide is able to structure modifications that fit the modern family.

Divorced couples already understand some of the drastic changes life can dish out. However, even after the divorce has been finalized, modifications to agreements may need to be made. With assistance from a skilled lawyer, these modifications can be wrapped up quickly and efficiently.

Some common factors that necessitate a support or custody modification include:

  • A job change has altered the amount of support a former spouse can provide
  • A former spouse moves to a distant location, perhaps taking the children
  • A former spouse has remarried
  • Children have reached an age where they are no longer dependent on financial support
  • A child requires additional support for health reasons

While any number of factors may play into a support modification, it is important to consult an attorney to help you protect your financial well-being before jumping into a new agreement.

Don't Get Fooled; Let An Attorney Help You With Support Modifications

In some cases, a spouse may attempt to hide or withhold newly acquired assets that could alter a child or spousal support agreement. More than misleading, withholding or hiding assets is a serious offense in Maryland. If you suspect that your former spouse is trying to hide assets to avoid paying support, our experienced attorney will diligently investigate on your behalf and help you pursue the support you and your children are entitled to.

To schedule a consultation with a lawyer who will work tirelessly on your behalf, contact the Law Office of Marla Zide, LLC, at 443-557-4153 or use our online contact form.